Individual Counseling increases your self understanding and
Individual counseling helps you create a full and meaningful life, where you effectively handle the pain and stress that life inevitably brings. Gaining greater knowledge of your whole self, you will develop the ability to recognize and discard old patterns that don’t serve your growth and well-being. This awareness can then be used to guide and motivate thoughts and actions that are consistent with what matters most to you.
Together we’ll explore what is happening in your life today, how you’re feeling inside, as well as what is going on around you. We’ll also look to your past to provide information about the present. Working together, new insights and understanding will emerge, which can be transformed into action and new ways of being.
Individual Counseling helps with:
- Feelings of depression or anxiety
- Sense of emptiness or loneliness
- Self doubt and lack of confidence
- Parenting issues or “Empty Nest” Syndrome
- Divorce recovery
- Coping with remarried family issues
- Dealing with loss of loved one
Can I work on my marriage if my partner won’t join me?
The short answer is yes. Working with a counselor together with your partner is the best method, however successful relationship change can still happen when working individually. I help you:
- Lower your level of hurt, anger and distress
- Learn how to better communicate your needs, and help your partner do the same
- Create changes in your own behavior that will encourage positive changes in your partner
- Heal old wounds which may affect the way you respond to your partner