Helping people feel connected, understood, and valued in their relationships is what I love to do.
I believe in providing therapy that is based on your unique needs. My training in experiential, mindfulness based therapy allows me to hear messages that are spoken in words and the subtle messages that are communicated nonverbally. I don’t assume that I know your experience, so I ask questions for clarification. I offer observations and feedback, and sometimes give homework. It’s important to me that you feel heard and understood, thus my style is interactive.
The work I do is relational work, which includes both the relationship we have with others as well as the one we have with ourselves. I encourage clients to examine how their early communication styles and attachment experiences are present in their current communication and interactions. I am skilled at helping you discover what is getting in your way, as well as what is needed, to create meaningful relationships.
I am a lover of learning which means I continually attend conferences and trainings. I have over 20 years experience working in both education and mental health, with children and adults. I have specialized training in Emotion Focused Therapy for Couples, the Hakomi Method of Body-Centered Psychotherapy, the needs of Gifted Children, and in ADD/ADHD for both children and adults. My learning will always continue as it is a life passion!
Professional Qualifications and Training
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Washington State (LMHC)
- Master of Arts in Applied Behavioral Science/Systems Counseling from Bastyr University’s Leadership Institute of Seattle (LIOS)
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Education from the University of Washington
- Advanced Training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Advanced Training in the Hakomi Method of Body-Centered Psychotherapy
- Specialized Training in the Characteristics and Needs of Gifted Children
- Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator
- Specialized Training in Executive Skill Functioning Difficulties pertaining to Adults and Children with ADD/ADHD
- Member of Family Systems Therapists Northwest